The Interchurch Food Pantry of Johnson County Indiana
works to alleviate hunger in Johnson County.
Matthew 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty
and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.”
street address: 211 Commerce Drive, Franklin, IN 46131
mailing address: P.O. Box 147, Whiteland, IN 46184
Crop Walk– Thanks to the walkers, churches, sponsors and volunteers who raised funds and donated food to feed the hungry in Johnson County and around the world on Sunday, Oct. 2. Over 120 walkers participated plus several pallet boxes were filled with food. This goes far in fighting hunger. Thank you!
Sponsorship Program- Churches, businesses, organizations and individuals are invited to take ownership for a designated period each year to financially support the Pantry. The sponsorship may be for a half day, full day, week or maybe an entire month to supply food for the hungry. Please see attached flyer and sign-up form for more information. Or you can email us at email@example.com or call 317-736-5090.
We completed our first year at our new 211 Commerce Drive location in Franklin.
This was a record year for us in many ways.
- We served more people than ever before. In 2015, we served households 16,827 times. This is a 39% increase in households served compared to 2014. This equates to serving 3134 unique families who were eligible to obtain food up to 2 times/month.
- Our clients continue to tell us they like selecting the food themselves, they like that it’s faster and they say our volunteers are so warm and friendly. They thank us and tell us “God bless you”.
- Our move to our new facility in April 2015 went very well with volunteers helping in every way possible as we implemented a new way of operation in our new facility. Their flexibility and positive approach to all the changes has made this move so successful.
- Our warehouse area gives us more opportunity to receive a variety of donated foods to feed the hungry. This greater amount of donated food, including food from Midwest and Gleaners Food Bank, has allowed us to serve more households while staying within our budget… with enough funds to purchase eggs (a big hit with families) and other essential food items.
Together, we are alleviating hunger in our community. Imagine… a world without hunger, that’s our vision.
Frequently, we’re asked what’s needed at the Pantry. We love any food or hygiene items that are donated. In particular, we need:
- Canned meats
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Breakfast cereal and oatmeal
- 1 gallon ziplock style bags for re-packing bulk product
- Toilet paper or Paper towels
CLICK BELOW & DINE OUT USING THE COUPONS
AND WE WILL RECEIVE UP TO 20% OF THE BILL !!!!