The Interchurch Food Pantry of Johnson County Indiana
works to alleviate hunger in Johnson County.
Matthew 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty
and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.”
After five full months at our new 211 Commerce Drive location, the votes are in, we love it!
- We’ve served more people than ever before. We’ve averaged 1500 visits per month in our new location. This compares with 1000/month in 2014 and 735/month in 2013.
- Our clients continue to tell us they like selecting the food themselves, they like that it’s faster and they say our volunteers are so warm and friendly. They thank us and tell us “God bless you”.
- Our volunteers have been awesome helping in every way possible as we implemented this new way of operation. Their flexibility and positive approach to all the changes has made this move so successful. We love our volunteers!
- And, our warehouse area gives us more opportunity to receive a variety of donated foods to feed the hungry. This greater amount of donated food, including food from Midwest and Gleaners Food Bank, has allowed us to serve more households while staying within our budget… with enough funds to purchase eggs (a big hit with families).
Together, we are alleviating hunger in our community. Imagine… a world without hunger, that’s our vision.
Frequently, we’re asked what’s needed at the Pantry. We love any food or hygiene items that are donated. In particular, we need:
- Canned meats
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Breakfast cereal
- Baking supplies, e.g. flour, sugar, etc.
- Toilet paper or Paper towels
CLICK BELOW & DINE OUT USING THE COUPONS
AND WE WILL RECEIVE UP TO 20% OF THE BILL !!!!
DON’T MISS THIS