The Interchurch Food Pantry of Johnson County Indiana
works to alleviate hunger in Johnson County.
Matthew 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty
and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.”
street address: 211 Commerce Drive, Franklin, IN 46131
mailing address: P.O. Box 147, Whiteland, IN 46184
Crop Walk– Thanks to the walkers, churches, sponsors and volunteers who raised funds and donated food to feed the hungry in Johnson County and around the world on Sunday, Oct. 2. Over 120 walkers participated plus several pallet boxes were filled with food. This goes far in fighting hunger. Thank you!
We completed another record year at our 211 Commerce Drive location in Franklin.
- We served more people than ever before. In 2016, we served households 20,295 times. This is a 21% increase compared to 2015 and 2-3 times the number of visits in 2013.
- Our clients continue to tell us they like selecting the food themselves, they like that it’s faster and they say our volunteers are so warm and friendly. They thank us and tell us “God bless you”.
- Our 100% volunteer staff is dedicated and goes the extra mile to help those in need in our community.
- Our large warehouse area gives us the ability to receive a variety of donated foods to feed the hungry. In addition to our major donors of Gleaners and Midwest Food Banks, we benefit from significant food donations from Morgan County Rescue, Wal-Mart and Kroger stores. Churches, businesses, service organizations, schools and individuals add to our available food allowing us to serve more households while staying within our budget.
- A very successful capital campaign allowed us to purchase our facility in Jan. 2016 thereby eliminating lease costs and allowing more donated dollars to be used for food purchase.
- Monetary donations continue to be essential to keep the Pantry doors open, serving the growth in households seeking assistance.
Together, we are alleviating hunger in our community. Imagine… a world without hunger, that’s our vision.
Frequently, we’re asked what’s needed at the Pantry. We love any food or hygiene items that are donated. In particular, we need:
- Canned meats
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Breakfast cereal and oatmeal
- 1 gallon ziplock style bags for re-packing bulk product
- Toilet paper or Paper towels
CLICK BELOW & DINE OUT USING THE COUPONS
AND WE WILL RECEIVE UP TO 20% OF THE BILL !!!!